Whenever you send an email to someone from your iPhone email account, your name gets displayed to the recipients for recognizing your identity. While this makes a lot of sense from both sender and receiver’s perspective, however, if you ever wish to change the sender name on your iPhone email, you can do so easily by following the instructions provided below.
Guide to Change the Sender Name on My iPhone Email
There are a couple of ways that you can consider changing the sender name on your iPhone email. While the first method requires you to have at least two email accounts set up in the Mail application of your iPhone, the second method requires you to do anything special. Steps for both methods are provided below.
- To begin with, you will first need to tap on the Mail application icon on your iPhone’s applications menu.
- Once the Mail application gets opened on your iPhone, you will need to compose a new message.
- When you are in the email composition screen, you will need to tap on the From field (for example [email protected]). This will open a drop-down menu on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, you will need to choose the email address or account from which you wish to send the email to the recipient.
- As you will select the email address, it will display in the From field. Here, you will need to confirm the action if prompted to do so.
- After that, you will need to enter the email address of the recipient in the To field and enter the message in the prompted box that you wish to convey to the recipient. After that, you will simply need to tap on the Send option send the email to the recipient from your selected email address.
Before following the instructions provided in method 2, you would want to consider the following:
- If you have sent an email message already to a recipient from your email account on your iPhone, you will not be able to change the name it displays to the recipient. This is because the mail application is most likely to be having your identity saved in the contact, and it may refer to it only whenever receiving an email from you.
- It is also to be noted that whenever a recipient will click or tap on your name located in the upper section of an email, they will still be able to view the email address from which you would have sent the email.
For iPhone and iPad
- To begin with, you will first need to tap on the Settings app icon in the applications menu of your iPhone or iPad. You will be directed to the settings section of your iPhone or iPad.
- In the Settings section, you will need to tap on the Accounts & Password option. You will be directed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will need to select the account which you wish to change.
- Next, you will need to tap on the Account section located at the upper section of the page.
- Then, enter the desired name for the sender in the Name field and tap on the Done button.
- Now, the next time you will send an email, it will show your new name for the new contacts.
As iCloud accounts have certain different steps for Gmail and Hotmail, there are many ways to change your name in macOS and Apple Mail.
- Start by opening the Apple Mail program on your Mac and navigate to the menu located in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Next, you will need to click on the Mail option and choose the Preferences option.
- In the Preferences section, select the iCloud account from the list that appears in the left-hand side section. Then, make sure that the Account Information option is selected on the main screen.
- After that, you will need to click on the drop-down menu in the Email Address field and choose the Edit Email Addresses option.
- This will automatically open a web browser on your system and redirect you to iCloud.com. Here, you will need to log into your iCloud account.
- Once logged in, you will find the Account settings section on your screen. Then, in the Full Name field, clear the current entry and enter the desired name which you wish to display to the recipient.
- Once you are done changing the name, you can click on the Done button.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to change the Sender Name in your iPhone Email application.