Facebook is undoubtedly an amazing social networking site to be a user of. As a Facebook user, you not only get to be in touch with your friends and families, but also you get to share your opinion on current affairs, promote your brand and business worldwide, and do a lot more fun and exciting things online. While all these activities are fun to do on Facebook, the frequent notifications of updates, messages, pokes, likes, and advertisements can be really killing, not to forget highly addictive.
If you are totally fed up using your FB account or just want to have a break from it for a while, you always have the option to deactivate or delete your Facebook account. To know how to delete your Facebook account permanently, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
Steps to Delete Facebook Account Permanently
NOTE: Before you begin following the below-mention steps to delete your FB account, it is suggested to download a copy of your information from your Facebook account. To know how to download your FB account’s information, follow the instructions provided herein below:
- Sign in to your Facebook account click on the Down arrow icon located on the top-right of any Facebook page and select Settings option from the drop-down list that appears on your screen.
- On the Settings’ page, click on the “your Facebook information” option located below the General option on the left-hand side panel. You will be directed to your Facebook information section.
- In this section, click on the “Download your information” option. You will be taken to the next screen where you will get the options for downloading your Facebook data.
NOTE: You can adjust the options for downloading your FB information as per your requirement.
Once you are done downloading your information, you can follow these steps to delete or deactivate your Facebook Account
1.) In order to delete your Facebook account permanently, open the link in your web browser – https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account.
2.) Once the ling gets opened, you will be prompted to enter your User ID (email address or phone number) and Password in the prompted fields.
3.) After entering your login credentials, you will need to click on the Log In button. Clicking on the Log in button will straight away direct you to the Account Deletion Page.
4.) On the Account deletion page, you will see a small dialog box with some information. After reading the given information carefully, simply click on the Delete my account button. This action will open a dialog box on your screen where you will be asked to confirm the deletion of your account.
5.) Enter your password in the prompted field in the dialog box and fulfill the CAPTCHA requirement. Then click on the OK button. You will see a notification box where you will be prompted with a message that your account has been deactivated from the site and will be permanently deleted within 14 days.
NOTE: If you wish to undo your account deletion action anytime within the 14 days since the time of deleting your FB account, you will simply need to log in to your account and cancel the account deletion process. For this:
- Sign in to your Facebook account.
- As you will be logged in, you will be prompted with a notification box as to whether you want to cancel deletion or confirm the deletion.
- Simply click on the Cancel Deletion button to cancel the account deletion process.
So, this is how you can delete your Facebook account permanently.