How to Disable Avast Email Signature?
Avast is one of the top providers of security applications. The company is known for developing computer security software, artificial intelligence, and machine learning. Avast security solutions are widely used by both home and officer users. If you are using an email program such as Mozilla Thunderbird and Microsoft Outlook, Avast Antivirus software is most likely to comprise Virus-free message (also known as email signature) located at the bottom of your outgoing emails. This virus-free message allows the recipients to know that the email has been scanned for malware. While usually, this free virus message notification is enabled by default, however, if you ever wish to disable Avast email signature for your outgoing email messages, you can follow the information provided below.
Guide to Disable Avast Email Signature
- To disable the Avast email signature for your outgoing emails, you will first need to open the Avast Antivirus program on your computer.
- Once you have opened the Avast antivirus program on your computer, you will need to click or tap on the Menu option. You can find the Menu option located near the top-right corner of the screen in the Avast Antivirus program window. It is a three horizontal lines icon. As you will select the option, it will display a drop-down menu on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, you will need to select the Settings option (Gear icon). This will direct you to the settings section of your Avast Antivirus program.
- Once you are in the settings section of your Avast Antivirus program, you will need to select the Protection option from the left-hand side of the panel. This will expand the options further in the settings screen.
- From the expanded options, you will need to select the Core Shields option. As you will select the Core Shields option, this will provide the options to configure shield settings.
- Under the Configure Shield Settings section, you will find the different categories (such as File Shield | Behavior Shield | Web Shield | Mail Shield) where you will find different options enabled by default.
- In the Configure Shield Settings section, you will need to navigate to the Mail Shield category. Under the Mail Shield category, you will find different options from which you will need to deselect the checkbox next to the option that reads – “Add a signature to the end of sent emails”.
- Once you are done deselecting the checkbox next to the said option, you will need to return from the Avast Antivirus program.
- Now, to check whether or not the Avast email signature has been disabled for your outgoing emails, you will need to send a test email using your email program.
- For this, simply compose an email using your email program. Once you have composed the emails, you can send them to your alternate email address and see if the Avast email signature has been cleared or not.
NOTE: While you can disable the Avast Email Signature for your outgoing emails by following the steps provided above, however, Core Shields are the main protection components in Avast Antivirus. And, although you can make the desired changes in the Shield Settings, it is recommended to make changes only after consulting with Avast customer support. You can follow the instructions provided below to contact Avast customer support.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to disable Avast Email Signature for your outgoing emails.
To Contact Avast Customer Support
If you need assistance maintaining the security of your information and data, you can contact Avast customer support by following these steps.
- Open a web browser on your phone, tablet, or computer and go to the homepage of Avast using the URL – https://www.avast.com/.
- Once you are on the homepage of Avast, you will need to click or tap on the Support option near the upper-right corner of the screen. You will be directed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will find the different support options. Here, you will need to scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the Contact Us option. You will again be directed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will need to select the CONTACT US option under the Customer support section.
- On the next screen, you will need to go through the information provided to get a consultation from the Avast customer support for maintaining the security of your information and data.
And, this is how you can contact Avast customer support for assistance.