If you are an AOL Mail account holder, you must be knowing that not only you can access your AOL Mail account using a web browser but also through third-party email clients such as Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Android, and iOS Mail. If you are trying to access your AOL Mail account using Macbook Pro, but having trouble doing so, there can be numerous reasons responsible for it. To know how to fix AOL Mail not working on Macbook Pro, go through the information provided below.
Guide to Fix AOL Mail Not Working on Macbook Pro
- Make Sure to Update Password
In case you have changed the password of your AOL Mail account recently, you will also need to update the same in the Mail application of your Macbook Pro. To update the password, you will need to:
- Go to the Email Accounts or Account Settings section of your Macbook Pro email application
- Select your AOL Mail account.
- Update the new password of your AOL Mail account.
- Once you have updated the password, you will need to save it.
Once you have updated the password, you cancheck if the AOL Mail is now working on MacbookPro or not.
NOTE: In case you have enabled the Two-Step verification feature for your AOL Mail account, you will need to generate and use an “app password” to access your AOL Mail account using the Macbook Pro email application.
To Create and Manage Third-Party App Password
- To begin with, you will first need to sign in to your AOL Email account and go to the AOL Account security page.
- Once you are on the Account security page, you will need to scroll down to the Two-Step Verification option and then click on the Generate app password or Manage app passwords option.
- On the next screen, you will need to select your email application from the drop-down menu that appears on your screen and click on the Generatebutton next to it.
- After that, you will simply need to follow the on-screen instructions below the password. Make sure that you enter the password into your email app without any spaces.
- Once you have got the app password, you will need to click on theDoneoption.
- You can use this app password and your email address to sign in to your AOL Mail account on your email app for Macbook Pro.
NOTE: If you ever wish to remove an app password, you will need to click the Manage app passwords option and then press the Delete iconlocated next to your email app. Doing so will make your AOL Mail account stop using the app password.
Check the IMAP Settings of your AOL Mail Account
If you are facing trouble sending or receiving emails properly using your AOL Mail account on Macbook Pro, in such a case, you will need to make sure that your IMAP or POP settings for AOL Mail are correct. To know the correct IMAP and POP Settings for AOL Mail, refer to the information provided below.
|Server Settings||Incoming Mail Server (IMAP): imap.aol.com Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com||Incoming Mail Server (IMAP): imap.aol.com Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com|
|Port Settings||IMAP – 993 – SSL SMTP – 465 – SSL||POP3 – 995 – SSL SMTP – 465 – SSL|
The above-mentioned IMAP and POP3 settings will help you check the settings configured for your AOL Mail account on Macbook Pro. And though you may be prompted to choose either IMAP or POP3 to configure your AOL Mail account, it is recommended to use IMAP as it is known for working best with AOL Mail.
- Make Sure to Update your Email Client Application
If you have an older version Mail application running on your Macbook pro, you may face different issues with your AOL Mail account configured on it. This is because having your AOL Mail account configured onan outdated email program may not be compatible with the latest security settings. Therefore, it is recommended to update your email program to the latest version available. Once you have updated the email program, you will need to remove and re-add your AOL Mail account to the email application.
To Add Your AOL Mail Account to Email App on your Macbook Pro
- To begin with, you will first need to launch the Mail application on your Macbook Pro. You can open it by clicking its icon located in the Dock at the bottom of the screen.
- Once the email application gets opened on your screen, you will need to click on the Mail option located in the menu bar and select the Add Account option.
- Then, you will need to select the AOL option from the Choose a Mail account provider window and click on the Continue option.
- After that, you will need to enter your AOL username or email address in the prompted field and click on the Next button.
- Now, you will need to enter your AOL Mail password and select the Sign In option.
NOTE: Make sure to go through the information on the screen to know which AOL information you are allowing the Mac to have access to. Generally, the information includes your AOL Contacts, Profile, Mail, and Calendar. You will need to press the Agree button to accept the terms.
- Next, you will need to click on the apps that you want to use with the AOL account and press the Done button. After that, simply tap AOL in the list of mailboxes in your Mail app to read and send AOL email messages on your Macbook Pro.
So, now as you know the different workarounds that can help you fix AOL Mail not working on Macbook Pro, you can use them whenever you find issues with your AOL Mail account.