Zoom is a popular cloud-based video communications app that allows users to configure virtual audio and video conferencing, live chats, screen-sharing, and numerous collaborative capabilities. Well, you don’t have to have an account to attend a Zoom meeting, and the platform is compatible with Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, Mac, and many more. However, if you are looking to invite Zoom contacts to a Zoom meeting in an ongoing session or wish to invite others to an upcoming scheduled meeting, you can easily do so by following the instructions suggested below.
Guide to Invite People to a Zoom Meeting
NOTE: If you have an audio conferencing plan, other invitation methods you can use to invite people to zoom meeting is by phone or by inviting a room system (make sure to have a Cloud Room Connector add-on).
Before following the steps provided below, make sure to have a Zoom desktop client, mobile app, or web client.
Steps to Invite Others During a Meeting
- Firstly, sign into the Zoom desktop client.
- Next, you will need to Start or join a meeting.
- Then, press the Participants option located in the meeting controls.
- After that, click or tap in the Invite option located at the bottom of the participants panel.
- You will then need to choose from the following invite options.
- Under the Invite section, Click on the Email tab.
- Next, you will need to select an email provider.
- Then, simply add the recipients to the email and send it.
- A new email message will be created automatically along with the meeting information in the email body.
- These emails options are generally influenced by the “Only show default email when sending email invites” option located on the Settings page. As you will enable this setting, it will hide Gmail and Yahoo options.
- Select the Contacts tab.
- Next, you will need to choose the name of the contacts from the window, or search for a contact.
- Then, select the individual you would wish to invite or select the multiple contacts. Once you will be done selecting the contacts, their name will be highlighted in blue and will display in the list located at the top of the window.
- After that, click or tap on the Invite option located in the lower-right corner.
URL or Invitation Text
If you wish to send your instant meeting information elsewhere, click or tap on the Copy Invite Link or Copy Invitation.
- Copy Invitation: Copy the full invitation text
- Copy Invite Link: Copy the meeting join link
- Using the Ctrl + V on Windows PC or Cmd + V on Mac to paste the URL or invitation. Alternatively, you can also right-click and select the Paste option.
Steps to Invite Others to a Schedule Meeting
For Desktop Client
- Firstly, sign in to the Zoom Desktop Client.
- Next, you will need to schedule a meeting.
- Then, press the Meetings tab.
- After that, you will need to select the meeting to which you wish to invite others and select the Copy Invitation option.
For Web Portal
- Log into the Zoom web portal.
- Next, click or tap on the Meetings option located in the navigation menu.
- Then, click or tap on the meeting.
- Now, next to the Time option, you will find the options for adding to your calendar.
- If you select the Google Calendar or Yahoo Calendar option, it will create a calendar event automatically in the specific email service you select.
- Similarly, if you select the Outlook Calendar option, it will generate an ICS file that you wish to import to your Outlook calendar.
- Also, you can manually copy the meeting information by selecting the Copy Invitation option.
- In case you select the Copy Invitation option, another window will open the meeting invitation text.
- Next, select the Copy Meeting Invitation option.
- Then, you can copy the invitation and send it out through email or elsewhere.
Following these step-by-step instructions will help you to invite people to a Zoom meeting.
Also Read: Zoom Meeting Screen Tool