Amazon Fire TV Stick is one of the best streaming devices that you can use to access a variety of applications on your non-smart TV. Whether you want to watch a movie, play games, or browse the internet, the Fire TV Stick from Amazon is ideal for all such activities. As the application store of Fire Stick is primarily based on Google Play Store, it features a plethora of applications to meet your requirements, however, some of the applications are exclusive to iPhone (or other iOS devices) and thus might not be available to install on your Amazon Fire Stick device. In such a case, one of the easiest ways to access your iPhone apps on the Amazon Fire TV stick is via casting or screen mirroring feature. Screen mirroring or casting is a feature that allows you to access the screen of your mobile devices like iPhone and Android devices on your Fire Stick-connected TV screen through a wireless connection. If you ever wish to mirror or cast your iPhone to the Amazon Fire TV Stick, you can do so easily by following the instructions suggested below.
Guide to Mirror or Cast your iPhone on Amazon Fire TV Stick
The process to mirror or cast your iPhone on Amazon Fire TV Stick is pretty simple. The only thing you will need to ensure is that both your device are connected to the same WiFi internet network.
Enabling Screen Mirroring on Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Turn on your Amazon Fire TV Stick and press the home icon button to get to the home screen.
- Next, browse the home screen to select the Mirroring option (gear icon). You will be directed to the mirroring section of your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Alternatively, you can press and hold the Home button of your Amazon Fire TV Stick remote to bring up the menu that displays the Apps, Sleep, Mirroring, and Settings options.
- Once you get to the mirroring section of your Amazon Fire TV Stick, leave the screen like that and enable the screen mirroring on your iPhone.
Enabling Screen Mirroring on iPhone
- Firstly, go to the Control Center on your iPhone.
For iPhone X or Above: Swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen.
For iPhone 8 or Earlier: Swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen.
- Once you get to the Control Center screen, tap on the Screen Mirroring option.
- As you will select the Screen Mirroring option, you will be provided the list of available devices on the next screen.
- Select the Amazon Fire Stick or the name assigned by you to begin mirroring the screen of your iPhone on your Amazon Fire TV Stick-connected TV.
- Once you have connected your Amazon Fire TV Stick via screen mirroring on your iPhone, simply open the desired application on your iPhone and begin watching its screen on your Amazon Fire TV Stick connected TV.
Unable to Cast Screen Of Your iPhone on Fire TV Stick
In case you are unable to cast the screen of your iPhone on a Fire TV stick, consider the following workarounds.
- Make sure you are using an updated version of the iPhone. For this, go to Settings > General and then tap on the Software Update option. If you find that updates are available for your iPhone, install it on your iPhone and reboot it.
- Similarly, make sure that you are using the updated version of the Amazon Fire TV Stick. For this, go to the Settings section from the home screen of your device. Next, select the My Fire TV option and press the About option. Next, select the Check for Updates option. If any update will be available for your Fire TV Stick, install it on your device and reboot it.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to mirror or cast your iPhone to Amazon Fire TV Stick device.