How to Configure Outlook Settings for Comcast Email?
According to the latest research, it has been discovered that there are huge numbers of Comcast (XFINITY) users all over the world. Its users use Comcast email for their personal as well as business communication. The good news is that the users can get a paid subscription for their business/professional use as well as 5 additional accounts with Comcast email.
If you want to configure Outlook Express settings for Comcast email, then you can read the given below instructions carefully:
- Initially, you need to open Outlook Express on the computer system screen.
- Then you need to hit the Tools menu and choose Account.
- For configuring your Outlook Express client, you need to go to step number 3.
- And to reconfigure Outlook Express client, choose your account from the menu and hit Properties & skip to step 12.
- Next, you need to hit Add, and then click Mail.
- Simply enter your name in given field & click Next.
- Afterwards, enter your complete email address in the address field, hit Next.
- Later on, for My incoming mail server is a ______ server, choose a POP3 option.
- In the Incoming mail server field, you need to enter mail.comcast.net. And in the (SMTP) server field, you need to enter smtp.comcast.net.
- Hit Next.
- With this, you have to enter XFINITY username in the Account Name field. And in the password field, just enter the password. You can check the Remember Password box in case you don’t prefer to enter your password every time during accessing your email. And hit Next.
- Then you need to hit Finish.
- Just Highlight mail.comcast.net and hit Properties.
- You need to click the Advanced tab.
- Beneath the Outgoing Mail, check the box which is next to This server requires a secure connection.
- In the Outgoing mail (SMTP) field, enter 465
- After that, under Incoming mail, just check the box. The port will automatically change to 995.
- You need to click the Servers tab, & check the box which is next to My server requires authentication.
- Last but not the least, hit OK.
Go through the brief instructions and within a fraction of minutes configure Outlook Express settings for Comcast email.