You can easily recover your Yahoo Mail account if you ever forget your password or your account gets hacked. To know how you can easily recover your Yahoo Mail account by resetting its password, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
Steps to Reset Yahoo Mail Password
- Go to the Yahoo Mail Sign-in page in your web browser.
- Now, enter your email address in the provided field and click on the “Next” button. This will open a new page where you will need to enter your password.
- As you have forgotten your password, you will need to click on the “I forgot my password” option located just below the “Sign-in” button.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to verify yourself as the rightful owner of the account. For this, you will be shown your partly visible phone number. If you recognize the displayed phone number, you will need to click on the “Yes, text me an Account Key”. Yahoo will send an Account Key to your phone number which you will need to enter on the subsequent screen.
- In case you don’t have access to the given phone number, click on the “I don’t have access to this phone” option. This action will show you an alternative way to receive Account key. In the alternative option, you will see your partly visible email address. If you have access to your listed email address, select the option “Yes, send me an Account Key”.
- Once you receive the Account key via either your phone number or email address, enter it on the subsequent screen and click on the “Verify” button.
- You will see a “Success” message on the next screen if the Account key entered by you matches with the one sent to your phone number or email address.
- Along with the success message, you will also see two options:
- Create a new password
- Clicking on “Continue”, will take you to the Account review page where you will be prompted to review your account recovery options.
- On the other hand, selecting “Create a new password” option will direct you to Password reset Here you will need to enter your new password in the provided fields and click on the “Continue” button. After that, follow the on-screen prompts to get access to your Yahoo Mail account. And this is how you will be able to reset your Yahoo Mail password.
- Make sure that you create a strong password by using a combination of alphabets, numbers, and characters in your password.
- If you are able to access your Yahoo Mail account and you are looking to change your password, click here.
1 thought on “How to Reset Yahoo Mail Password?”
Disable my yahoo account key