While there are numerous Desktop email programs available to the users, one of the most widely used email programs is Outlook. Coming from the house of Microsoft, the Outlook email program is appreciated for not its engaging features but also for its compatibility with other email services (email configuration through IMAP/POP). If you are new to Outlook, you would want to know that you need to create a profile on the Outlook email program before you can use it to manage your emails and other tasks using it. An Outlook email profile is comprised of several components such as email accounts, data files, and information about where your emails are going to be stored. If you are yet to create an email profile on Outlook, you can follow the instructions provided below in the “Creating an Outlook Email Profile” section. However, if you are already having multiple Outlook accounts configured on the program and wish to switch to another Outlook email profile, you can follow the information provided below.
Guide to Switch Outlook Accounts
This guide assumes that you are already using multiple Outlook email profiles. Here, you will learn to switch between these different Outlook accounts and how you can create a particular profile.
Steps to Change Accounts in Outlook
- On your computer, you will first need to click or tap on the Start option located in the lower-left corner of the screen. This will open the start menu on your screen.
- In the popped-up start menu, if you see the Outlook email program icon, you can select it to open, or you can simply type “Outlook” using your keyboard to find the email program.
- Now once you locate the Outlook email program, you will need to launch it and wait for it to get completely loaded.
- When the Outlook email program gets opened on your computer, you will need to click or tap on the File option located in the top-left corner of the screen. This will open a drop-down menu on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu that displays on your screen, you will need to select the Account Settings option. This will direct you to the next window.
- Once you are in the Account Settings section, you will need to select the Change Profile option.
- As you will select the Change Profile option, it will turn off the Outlook email program. When the Outlook program gets shut down, you will need to restart it manually.
- Now, when you would have reopened the Outlook application again, you will be provided a “Choose Profile” dialog box.
- In the “Choose Profile” dialog box, you will need to click or tap on the drop-down icon next to Profile Name to choose desired profile from the given options.
- Once you have selected a profile, you will need to click or tap on the OK button.
- As you will press the OK button, your Outlook Account will be switched with the selected one.
- If you wish to configure your Outlook to show this dialog box every time you start the program, you will need to select the “Options” option. Under Options, you will need to select the Prompt for a Profile option and confirm it.
Steps to Set a Default Profile
- If you wish to set a default profile in your Outlook email program, you will need to go to the Choose Profile dialog box.
- Once you are in the Choose Profile dialog box, you will need to click or tap on the profile that you wish to configure as default in the Profile Name list section.
- Then, you will need to select the Options option and select the checkbox next to the Set as default profile option.
Creating An Outlook Email Profile
As a profile in Outlook is a critical part of carrying out different tasks, you would need to create one before you can get the Outlook experience. The profile in Outlook consists of the accounts, data files, and settings that specify where your email messages are getting stored. If you wish to know how to create a new profile, follow the below mentioned process:
- Open Outlook and click or tap on the File option. A drop-down menu will appear on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to select the Account Settings option.
- Under the Account Settings, select the Manage Profiles option.
- Then, click or tap on the Show Profiles option and select the Add option from the expanded menu.
- After that, you will need to type a name for the profile in the Profile Name box and then select the OK button.
- Your Outlook email profile will be created.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to switch between Outlook accounts in your email program.