If you have forgotten your Zoho Mail account password or your account has been hacked, you can recover your account by resetting the password for it. To know how to recover the password for your Zoho Mail account, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
Steps to Recover Zoho Mail Account
As Zoho Mail has different types of email accounts – For Admin, and For Super Admin, the method for resetting the Zoho Mail account password for them is also different. So, follow the instructions mentioned below accordingly.
When an administrator forgets his/her password, he/she can request other administrators to reset the password. This is the reason that it is suggested to have an additional external email address associated with your account as it is considered helpful in case of emergency. One can easily request the password reset link to be sent to his/her secondary email address and get easy access to the relevant account. Here are the steps:
- On your web browser, go to the Zoho Mail sign in the page via link Click here.
- On the Zoho Mail sign in page, click on the Forgot Password
- Next, you will need to enter your registered email or phone number and Captcha in the provided fields.
- Once you have entered the required information in the provided field, click on the Request
- If you would have entered the phone number, you will need to check for the verification code sent by Zoho on your phone and enter it on the subsequent screen. Similarly, if you would have entered an email address, you will need to check your secondary email address and follow the instructions given in the email.
- Once you would have verified yourself as the rightful owner of the Zoho Mail account, you will be allowed to reset the password and regain access to your Zoho Mail account.
NOTE: If any of the members of the organization forget their password, they can get their account recovered by requesting a password reset from the Administrator.
For Super Admin
In case the super admin of the organization forgets his/her password, it can only be recovered by requesting a verification code to the phone number or requesting a password reset link to the associated secondary email address. In such a case, the administrator will not be able to reset the password for the Super Admin account due to security reasons.
So, next time you forget the password for your Zoho Mail account or if your account gets hacked or locked, follow the above-mentioned steps to regain access to your account easily.