If you receive a message in your Mail app or Calendar app that your Outlook account settings are out of date on your Windows 10 computer, there are several things you can do to fix this error. Below we have mentioned the quick and reliable solutions to your issue and going to help you to fix the issue with so much ease.
Steps to Fix Your Account Settings Are Out of Date Outlook Error
You can fix the issue easily by following these methods:
#1 Cross-Check Your Entered Password
The most common reason that can cause an out-of-date error in the Outlook account is an incorrect password. To recover this issue, access these troubleshooting steps:
- From the top of the Mail app or Calendar app in Outlook account, select Fix account.
- Check your entered password. Now, if you entered the wrong password, you will see a message asking you to update your password.
- Click on the link and enter the new password in the provided field and choose Done.
#2 Review Your Security Certificate
Another biggest reason for the issue is security certificate error. If your password isn’t the problem, then you might see an error message that says, “There is a problem with the server’s security certificate as the security certificate is not from a trusted certifying authority”.
The root cause of having this type of error is the SSL security option. Most of the users don’t use SSL to secure their email account. If you experience the same, use the following steps:
- Launch Outlook account and choose Settings option and then click on the Manage Accounts.
- In the next step, select the account that’s out-of-date to display the account settings dialog.
- Now, select Change mailbox sync settings and then go to the advanced mailbox settings.
- Finally, check the boxes for Require SSL for incoming email and Require SSL for outgoing email and then select Done and then click on the Save option.
#3 Install the Latest Updates
Outlook frequently releases new updates for both hardware and software issues. So, if you are getting the message which states Your Outlook account settings are out of date message, you might be able to solve it automatically by installing the latest updates. However, if in case the updates are not automatically downloaded, you can pursue the following steps:
- On your computer, open the Settings app.
- Now, go to the Update & Security section and then go to the Windows Update
Tap, the option which states Check for updates button. Now, Windows 10 will check if updates are available. If the updates are available, it will download and install the updates automatically.