How to Send Mass Email in Gmail?
Generally known as Bulk Email, Mass Email refers to sending advertising or promotional email messages to a large number of people to accomplish a particular objective, for example promoting a company product or sharing important information. While there are numerous email marketing companies providing bulk email service, you can also use Gmail to carry out the task. To know how to send mass emails in Gmail, go through the information provided below.
Guide to Send Mass Email Using Gmail
When sending bulk or mass email using your Gmail account, you don’t have to perform any extra steps or instructions other than just following the simple email sending process. Here are the steps that you will need to follow:
- Open a web browser on your computer, go to the Gmail sign-in page, and log in to your Gmail account.
- Once you are logged into your Gmail account, you will need to click on the Compose button located near to the upper-left corner of the screen.
- As you will click on the Compose button, a window on the lower-left corner will open for creating your message.
- Enter a suitable subject for your email message and complete the body of the message with the information you wish to send.
- Once you are done creating the message you wish to send, you will need to select the contacts you wish to send the message to. For this, you will need to, click on the “To” Doing so will open a small window on your screen.
- The window that appears on your screen will prompt you to select the contacts to whom you wish to send the email message. If you wish to send the message to all the contacts, you will need to select the checkbox next to the Select All option located near the top-left corner of the window. However, if you wish to send it to some particular contacts, you can use the search box located at the top of the window.
NOTE: For an easier way, you can first select all the contacts and then remove the one to whom you do not want to send the email.
- Once you are done adding the contacts in the window, you will need to close it to get back to your actual email message. In the “Compose” box, make sure to review your email and then click on the Send button to send the message as a mass email.
So, now as you know how to send mass emails in Gmail, you can easily carry out the task whenever you need to send bulk emails.
Things to Consider When using Gmail to Send Mass Email
While you can use your Gmail account to send a mass email to a large number of contacts, there are certain factors that you need to consider here. Below are the things that you would want to consider before sending a mass email in Gmail.
- The number of emails that you can send using your single Gmail account is set by Google. In every 24 hours, Gmail allows a user to send no more than 500 messages using his or her Gmail account. This means you can send mass email using your Gmail account to 500 different contacts in every 24 hours. If the number of contacts for sending mass emails is less of up to 500 contacts, you can surely use the Gmail service.
- The limitation on the number of emails is according to a 24-hour window frame. It means that you cannot send 500 email messages at 23:50 and another 500 at 00.01. There must be a difference of 24 hours between the first 500 messages sent and the second 500 messages you send.
- The limitation is for the benefit of the user only as it prevents your account from being considered as a spammer by other email services or the Internet Service Providers (ISP) you send the message to.
- As an alternative, you can try sending mass emails using different Gmail account. However, make sure to consider the fact that your own Internet Service Provider (ISP) may block you from sending bulk emails so frequently.
So, now as you know about the limitations that come if you wish to send mass email in Gmail, you can decide whether or not to use Gmail for meeting your bulk email requirement. If the 500 emails in 24 hours are well within your mass email sending requirement, a free Gmail is definitely worth a shot. Otherwise, there are numerous bulk email service providers available online that you can choose from to meet your requirement.