Yahoo! Mail Message and Attachment Size Limits?
Though Yahoo Mail is known for its fast and reliable email services, however, there are certain restrictions that users may face while operating or accessing their Yahoo Mail account. One of such restrictions is regarding the file attachment size limits. Yahoo Mail allows users to send emails only up to 25 MB in total size. This 25 MB size comprises both the message and the attachments. To know about Yahoo Mail message and attachment size limits in detail, follow the information below.
Guide About Yahoo Mail Messages and Attachment Size Limits
Every email service including Yahoo Mail put a restriction on the size of the file you can send through email. The restriction is posed in order to maintain the load on the server. If you are looking to send a file attachment from your Yahoo Mail account, it is suggested to consider the following information.
Attachment of Files, Photos, and Gifs
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account, click on the Compose button located on the left-hand side panel. This will open a window for composing an email.
- Enter the recipient’s email address in the prompted field, enter a subject for the email, and then enter the content you wish to add in the message body.
- Now, to attach a file, you will need to click on the Attach icon (hairpin icon) located in the lower section. This will open a window to select the file.
- In the window, browse and select the file from the location and click on the Open The file will be attached to the email.
NOTE: If you are looking to attach a file from the cloud, from recent emails, or GIFs from the internet, you will need to follow these steps.
- Click on the Compose button in your Yahoo Mail account. Enter the recipient’s email address in the prompted field, enter a subject for the email, and then enter the content you wish to add in the message body.
- Next, you will need to click on the Attach icon (hairpin icon) and select the type of file you wish to insert or attach with the email.
- The option for the attachment you will see are as follows:
- Share files from cloud providers
- Add photos from recent emails
- Insert animated GIFs
- Select the desired option and search for or browse items in the right column.
- Then, you will need to select the file you wish to attach and attach it to the email you are sending.
Previewing and Downloading Attachments
Preview Attachments without Downloading
Yahoo Mail comes with a Preview Attachments feature that allows the user to preview files without downloading them, allowing users to save time and space. Here are the instructions you need to follow.
- Open the email that has the attachment in your Yahoo Mail account.
- To preview that, you will need to click on the attachment’s thumbnail.
- In case there are multiple attachments, you will need to click on the View all
- After you are done previewing the attachments, you will need to click on the X icon to close the preview window.
Yahoo Mail is known for automatically scanning emails for viruses in attachments. So, you need not to be concern about downloading any attachment that you receive in your Yahoo Mail account. Here are the instructions you need to follow to download the attachment.
- Go to your Yahoo Mail account, open the message from which you to wish download the attachment.
- Next, you will need to hover the mouse over the attachment thumbnail you wish to download.
- Then, you will need to click on the Download or Download all for multiple attachments.
- The attachment will get downloaded to your local storage.
Problem Attaching or Downloading Attachments
If you experience a problem when attaching or downloading any attachment in your Yahoo Mail account, you can try fixing the issue by following the step-by-step instructions provided below.
- Special Characters: Make sure that file you attach or the file you download in your Yahoo Mail account does not contain special characters in the filename. Yahoo may prevent files with such name from getting attached or downloaded.
- Unsupported Web Browser: Using an unsupported web browser can also lead to file attachment or file downloading failure. So, make sure that you access your Yahoo Mail account.
- Email Containing Files That Can Be Threat Will not be Delivered: Yahoo do not support a variety of file formats such as .exe, .jar, .bat etc. This is because of the reason that such sort of files can infect your system with malware.
So, this is how you can easily attach and download files in your Yahoo Mail account.