How To Change And Update Email Password On iPhone 7, 8?
Want to change or update email password on iPhone? But don’t know how to do, well to help you out, here we have provided the step-by-step instructions to change And Update Email Password on iPhone 7, 8.
If you’ve recently changed and updated your email account’s password and then tried updating your iPhone’s Mail App or Account Settings, you likely discovered that there is no easy way to update these account passwords. This is because the settings for the email address require to be updated with the new password. So, if you are wondering how you can change and update an email password on iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 for the Mail app, then follow the instructions given here.
Steps to Change and Update Email Password on iPhone 7
- To start with, On your cellular/mobile data by exploring the Setting app. Then choose Settings> Cellular and scroll down the list to locate the Settings App and toggle it on.
- In the next step, open the “Settings” app on your iPhone 7 and then go to the “Password & Accounts”.
- Now, click on the email address account and select the email account which you want to update and change the email password for.
- Once the completion of the above-mentioned steps, click the “Account” filed again to access email account login and server details.
- Now, click on the “Password” field and clear the existing password.
- Start entering the new change password to update the email password and then click on the “Done” button when it is finished.
- At last, go back or exit out of the settings app when the process is completed.
It is always a good idea to confirm that the email account is working properly after updating or changing a password. To do the process, simply opening the Mail app on iPhone and sending yourself a test email using the account you updated the password for is usually sufficient to confirm that everything is working as expected.
Steps to Change and Update Email Password on iPhone 8
- Open the Settings App, then explore and go to the “Password & Accounts”.
- Now, choose your email account, which you want to change or update the password and tap the option “Re-enter Password”.
- Scroll down the page of your Mail App and search for a message indicating there’s an Account error.
- After the completion of the above-guided steps, tap the blue Details text, and choose Settings, and thereafter, re-enter your password or update it to your latest passwords for that account.
- Restart your iPhone and check if your account is active. In case your iDevice restart process didn’t operate properly, then do these steps:
- To start with, press and quickly release the Volume Up
- Now, press and promptly release the Volume Down button
- At last, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo on the iPhone device screen.
- Finally, delete the problematic account from your iPhone and add it back in through Settings > Passwords & Accounts
And this is how you can change and update the email password on iPhone 7 and iPhone 8. Follow these steps to successfully change or update the iPhone email password.