How to Change Verizon Email Password?
Like every other email service, Verizon.net recommends its users to have the correct username or user ID and password for a seamless sign-in process. A popular email service for both residential and commercial purposes in the US, Verizon email from Verizon Communications is accessed by millions of people in the country. And these people are persuaded to change their Verizon email passwords from time to time (at least, once in every six-month) to improve security.
Wondering how to change the Verizon email password? Read through this blog if you want to change the email password of your Verizon account by yourself. It shares some important steps that need to be followed exactly as mentioned.
Steps Need to Be Followed to Change Your Verizon Email Password
To keep your account safe and protected from hackers and intruders, you must change the password regularly. You can do it by yourself without calling for the experts at Verizon Technical Support. However, you must not forget your current Verizon login credentials, i.e., the email address and the password.
- Launch your regular web browser and navigate to the sign-in page of your Verizon email account.
- Use the login credentials to sign-in.
- Once there, navigate to the account settings from the main menu.
- You need to open the security settings.
- Here, you will need to click “Change Password”.
- This will prompt you to enter your current Verizon email password in the field provided.
- Now, provide a new password and confirm.
That’s easy? You have successfully changed the password. Log out of your account and re-enter using the new login credentials.
Reset Your Verizon Email Password When You Don’t Remember or Forgot Password
The above steps allow you to change your Verizon.net email account password when you know it. Let’s go through the methods mentioned underneath to reset or change the password when you don’t know it. The steps or procedures are going to different since you will have to verify your identity.
- Navigate to the Verizon email webpage.
- Look for the button that says “Forgot Password”.
- Click on it to enter your username and choose the appropriate recovery method, i.e. – email or mobile number.
- If you select the phone number option, you will need to enter your mobile number registered with your Verizon email account.
- Click “Yes”. This will allow Verizon to send you a security verification code.
- On the next page, you will have to enter the verification code in the field provided. Click “Submit”.
- Verizon will confirm the code and you can create a new password by following the instructions.
Note: You can also use your alternate email address instead of your mobile number to verify your identity.
How to Change Verizon Email Password via Verizon-Yahoo Home Page?
The method is different, so are the steps. You will need to access the Yahoo login page to change the password of your Verizon email account. Go to the Verizon-Yahoo login page and follow the on-screen instructions to change or reset the password.
How to Reset Verizon Wireless Website Password?
If you want to reset the password for your Verizon Wireless website, check here are the steps to check.
- Navigate to the Verizon website, i.e. www.verizonwireless.com
- You need to look for the “My Account” option from the Sign-in drop-down menu.
- Here, you will find the “Forgot your Info?” button. Click on it and enter the 10-digit mobile number associated with your account.
- Click “Continue”.
- Next, stick to the on-screen prompts and provide the 5-digit billing ZIP code.
- You will be prompted to click “Continue”.
- Next, you will have to “Select how you want to complete your password reset”. There are three options and you only need to choose one –
- Send a link to my mobile device ending in ****** (Your Registered Mobile Number)
- Email to ****** (Alternate Email Address).
- Mail to the Billing Address on the Account.
- After choosing one of these options, you will receive a link. You need to click on it and follow the prompts in the text message.
- Then, complete the password reset procedure.
- Here, you need to create a strong password. Make sure the password contains the followings –
- 1 Number
- 1 Letter
- 8-20 characters
The above steps would let you change or reset the password of your Verizon account. After changing the password, you can login with your new credentials. If you can access your account without a problem, that’s great. And in case, there’s some error and you cannot access your account, reach out to the professionals at the Verizon Support.