How to Add Gmail Account to Outlook 2013 Using IMAP?
Outlook 2013 lets its user add their other email addresses to its program, allowing them to easily access and operate their other email account directly from Outlook 2013 without any need to log into different accounts separately. If you are using a Gmail account and wish to add it to your Outlook 2013 program, you can do so easily by going through the information provided below. Following the below-mentioned instructions, you will learn how to add Gmail Account to Outlook 2013 using IMAP
Steps to Add Gmail Account to Outlook 2013 Using IMAP
Before beginning with the configuration of your Gmail account to Outlook 2013, make sure to follow these steps:
- Sign into your Gmail account and click on the Settings (gear icon) option. A drop-down menu will appear.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, click on the Settings You will be directed to the Settings window.
- On the Settings window, go to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP option and make sure that IMAP is enabled under IMAP Access
After following the above-given instructions, follow these steps to set up your Gmail account to Outlook 2013.
1.) Launch Outlook 2013 on your computer, and click on the File option located on the top-left corner of your screen.
2.) Next, click on the Add Account option under Account Settings and select Manual setup or additional server types on the next screen. Then, click Next.
3.) You will be given three options on the next screen. You will need to select the POP or IMAP option and click on the Next button.
4.) Clicking on the Next button will direct you to the next window where you need to provide the following information in the relevant fields.
- Your Name: Your name
- Email Address: Your Gmail account’s email address.
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server:gmail.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP):gmail.com
- User Name: Your username
- Password: Your account’s password
5.) After entering the above-given information, click on the More Settings option located at the lower-right corner of the same window. A new window will appear on your screen.
6.) In the new window, click on the Outgoing server tab and select the checkbox next to the following two options in your window:
- My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Use same settings as my incoming mail server
6.) After that, go to the Advanced tab and enter the following information on your screen as in the relevant field:
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993 or 143
- Incoming server encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 25 or 465
- Outgoing server encrypted connection: TLS
7.) Then, click on the OK button and then on the Next button. This will open a Test Account Settings window on your screen. If you would have entered all the information correctly, the test will get completed successfully.
8.) Once the test gets completed successfully, click on the Finish button. You will be then able to access your Gmail account via Outlook 2013.
So, this is how you can add your Gmail account to your Outlook 2013 program and access your Gmail account directly from the Outlook program.