How Do I Permanently Delete My AOL Email Account?
There can be different reasons for different users looking to permanently delete their AOL email account. Maybe a person has multiple AOL email accounts, or he/she didn’t like AOL email, or maybe they are switching to some other email service. No matter the reason a user might have for deleting their AOL email account, it is necessary to make sure that they take a backup of all the important emails, contacts, and files that they may need in the future. This is important as once the AOL email account will be deleted by a user, he or she will not be able to access any information or data from the deleted account. If you are also looking to delete your AOL email account, you can do so easily by following the instructions provided below.
Steps to delete your AOL email account permanently
Before you follow the instructions on deleting your AOL email account permanently, there is some important information you must consider. This information includes:
- Make sure to delete each username (if any) on the account separately.
- You will not be able to delete master usernames until 30 days after deleting all additional usernames and designated master usernames.
- You will be able to close your account only when it will not have any remaining balance and it would have been more than 90 days since you canceled your active subscriptions and paid plans.
- If a username will be sharing a payment method with another username on the same AOL account, you will first need to close the username which doesn’t have a unique payment method on file. Alternatively, you can also add a different payment method before closing the other usernames.
Once you consider the above-mentioned factors, you can delete your AOL account by following these steps:
- On your computer, open a web browser and go to the AOL Account Termination Clicking on this link will prompt you to sign in to your account if you will not be logged in already.
- On the Account Termination page, you will first need to go through the information mentioned there.
- After going through the information mentioned, you can click on the Continue delete my account
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to confirm the deletion of your AOL account. Here, you will need to enter your email address in the provided field, and then click on the Yes, terminate this account
- Your AOL account will be deleted permanently.
Recovering your Deleted AOL Account
If you wish to cancel the deletion of your AOL account, you will be able to reactivate your account if you log into your account within 30 days of closing it. However, if your account is registered in India, New Zealand, or Australia, you will be able to reactivate your account if you log into your account within 90 days of closing it. Similarly, if your account is registered in Taiwan, Brazil, or Hong Kong, the reactivation period is for 180 days.
Here are the steps to recover your delete AOL account:
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to the AOL sign-in page.
- Enter your username and password in the provided field and click on the Sign-in
- When prompted to verify your recovery information, simply follow the on-screen prompts.
- Once the account recovery information will be verified successfully, you will be able to regain access to your deleted AOL account.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to delete your AOL email account.