How to Export AOL Email Folders – Easy Steps to Backup AOL Emails
Although the Internet world is quite intriguing, it is not a hundred percent safe. As a business owner or an employee, you may end up using several email services including AOL.
Originally known as America Online, AOL, as it is commonly called, is a popular American web portal and online service provider based in NYC. Despite AOL’s claims to safeguard your emails, wise and smart users can’t just take any chances. After all, it is a cloud-based server and the possibilities of a data breach and the risk of a data leak cannot be overlooked.
If you wish to keep all your AOL emails safe, the smartest step should be exporting AOL email folders to a safer place. Copying all your AOL emails to the desktop would serve as a backup in case of an emergency such as emails accidentally deleted, corrupted, or expired.
Wondering how to export AOL email folders and keep emails safe? Read on!
7 Proven Ways to Export AOL Email Folders Using AOL Desktop Gold
America Online’s AOL Desktop Gold allows users to backup their emails to a file, which can further be transferred to another computer, thus restoring them. Here are seven proven ways to copy or backup mail in AOL.
- To begin with, you need to log in to Desktop Gold.
- Look for the option or icon “Settings”. As you click on the icon, ‘General Settings’ will open.
- The third step allows you to select the “My Data” tab.
- The next option that you need to do is to select “Export”
- Here, you will have to select the location. This will be the place where you wish to copy the file. Once you choose the location, select “Save”
- If you like, create a password for the backup file. This adds more security to your file. The password will be used to import the copied file to another computer.
- Once the export of all emails is done, you will be notified.
How to Export AOL Email Folders Using AOL’s Personal Filing Cabinet Feature?
- Sign in to your AOL Mail account.
- Choose the ‘Filing Cabinet’ open located in the toolbar.
- Choose the folder you wish to backup or export and select ‘Save’.
- On the Save folder page, you will need to create a new folder name in the File Name.
- Now, select the location you wish to keep the backup folder and click ‘Save’.
- Repeat the same steps to export or take the backup of other files or folders in your America Online Mail account.
- Click on the ‘X’ button once the backup of AOL emails is done.
Save AOL Email Folders to Hard Drive – How?
Using View Message Source, you can save America Online email folders to the hard drive.
- Use credentials to sign in to your AOL account.
- Click on the message that you wish to transfer to a hard disk.
- Go to the ‘More’ Click it to see a dropdown menu.
- Select ‘View Message Source’. It will take you to a new page.
- Save the page by pressing ‘Ctrl + S’
- Choose the desired location and save the mail.
- You can further exchange the file extension to EML from txt.
- Open the file now.
Make the most of the above-mentioned workarounds to export or take the backup of your AOL emails.