Skype is an excellent application offering voice and video calls facility between mobile, tablets, computers, Xbox One, smartwatches, and many other devices with the help of the internet. Not only does it offer the option of voice and video calling but also allows users to exchange text messages, audios, videos, and images. Moreover, Skype also allows them to conduct video conference calls (group calls). Whether you wish to carry out your personal tasks or meet professional obligations, you can carry out such activities effortlessly using Skype. While you can create a Skype account using a Microsoft account or email address, however, if you wish to sign up for Skype using Facebook, unfortunately, you can no longer login to Skype through Facebook. From January 2018, Skype Logins were streamlined to Microsoft account, allowing you to sign in to your account with a single sign-in to your Microsoft account. This single login allows you to get access to all your Microsoft services like Office Online, Outlook, OneNote, OneDrive, as well as Skype. To know how to sign up for a Skype account apart from using Facebook, follow the information provided below.
Steps to Create a Skype Account Using Facebook
- Open a supported web browser on your comp, and go to the Microsoft sign-in page (https://account.microsoft.com/).
- Once you are on the Microsoft Sign-in page, you will need to click on the “Create a Microsoft account” option. You will be directed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to enter the desired Email address in the provided field that reads “[email protected]”. Once you have entered an email address of your choice, you will need to click on the Next button. Make sure that you own the email address you enter in the provided field.
NOTE: Alternatively, you can also select the “Use a phone number instead” option to use your phone number as the User ID or you can select the “Get a new email address” option to create a new User ID for your Microsoft account.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to create a password for your Microsoft account. So, enter a desired password in the provided field and click on the Next button.
NOTE: Make sure to use a combination of alphabets, numbers, and special characters when creating a password. Also, make sure that you don’t use the same password for any other online or offline account due to security reasons.
- On the next screen, you will need to enter your new password in the prompted field and click on the Next button.
- Clicking on the Next button will take you to the next screen where you will be prompted to enter the code sent to the email address that you provided in the previous step.
- So, you will need to go to your email account and open the email that you received from Microsoft. From the email, you will need to copy the code and enter it in the provided field. After entering the code, you will need to click on the Next button.
NOTE: If you wish to get information, tips, and offers about Microsoft products and services in your email account, you will need to select the checkbox next to the “I Would like information, tips, and offers about Microsoft products and services” option.
- On the next screen, you will need to solve a puzzle in order to verify that you are not a robot. So, follow the on-screen prompt and click on the Next and Done button. Then, you will simply need to follow the on-screen prompts to complete the registration of your Microsoft account.
- Once your Microsoft Account gets created, you will be able to use it for your new Skype Account. In order to sign in to your Skype account, you will need to open a new tab on your browser and go to the Skype sign-in page.
- As you go to the Skype sign-in page, you will be prompted to provide information such as your First name and Last name in the provided field. Enter the required information and click on the Next button. Then, on the next screen, you will need to add an image of yourself. While adding an image of yourself is optional, however, it best to do so as it will make it easier for others to recognize your account easily. So, after uploading your photo, click on the Continue button. After that, simply follow the further on-screen prompts to complete the Skype login process.
So, now as you know how to sign up for a Skype account, you can easily create one whenever you need to register for a Skype account.