How To Delete A Comcast Email Account?
When you subscribe to Comcast Internet and/or Comcast Voice service, you are also provided a Comcast email account. If the subscription is purchased in your name, you have the access to the master Comcast account. This master Comcast account allows you to create up to six distinct users online. When you add a user, you allow them to get access to your subscriptions and have a separate Comcast email account. You can invite a new user to your account either by email or through text. In case if you ever feel like deleting a Comcast email account from your Master Xfinity account, you can do so easily by following the information provided below.
NOTE: Comcast was replaced with Xfinity as the company’s new product name. The Xfinity here is referred to Comcast only.
Guide to Delete a Comcast Email Account
When you remove an Xfinity ID / Comcast Email, it permanently deletes the Xfinity ID of the secondary user. Also, the deletion process will make you lose emails, voicemails, and other related information with the particular Comcast email account. Therefore, it is recommended to make sure that you print or save copies of anything which you may need in the future. Moreover, if the ID associated with more than one account, it will not be remover, and will just not be able to access the account it was deleted from.
NOTE: In case any scheduled payments are enabled from this Comcast Email account/ID, you will first need to get them canceled before deleting the ID. Also, you will be able to delete the Comcast email account only if you are a primary user.
Now, to delete a Comcast Email account, you will need to follow these steps:
- To begin with, you will first need to sign in to My Account as the primary user.
- Once you are in the My Account section, you will need to click on the Users
- Next, you will need to find the user you wish to delete and then click on the Edit option located next to their name.
- Then, click on the Remove option to delete the Xfinity ID from your account.
- After that, you will be prompted to confirm if you wish to delete the user. To confirm your action, you will need to click on the Remove User
- The Comcast email account will be deleted permanently.
So, these are the steps that will help you delete a Comcast Email Account from your Comcast account. If you wish to add a new user to your account, you can do so by following these steps:
- Sign in to My Account as a primary user and click Add a New User option under the list of current users.
- Next, select the Member option and then click on the Continue Alternatively, you can also select the Manager or Viewer option as per your requirement.
- Then, enter the information of the new user – first and last name, email address, or phone number in the provided fields and click Invite User A confirmation message will appear on the screen.
- The new user will receive an email or text for the invitation to create his or her Comcast email account. The new user will need to accept the invitation by entering the street address of the primary user.
- As the user will accept the invitation, he or she will be prompted to create his or her username, password, and password recovery method. Doing so will create a new user account.
So, now as you know how to delete or add a Comcast email account, you can follow the instructions as per your requirement.