While Yandex Mail is appreciated for its security, some users don’t find its features engaging enough to use it for various email-related tasks. If you are looking to do away with your Yandex Mail account, you can follow the instructions suggested below. And, need not worry as Yandex doesn’t allow a new user to create an account using your old credentials after you remove your account.
Steps to Terminate your yandex.mail.com
Before you follow the instructions provided below to delete your yandex.mail.com, make sure to consider the following.
- Take a backup of your important emails. This is recommended because once you would delete your Yandex Mail account, you will not be able to access emails ever. So, consider exporting your emails to a local drive, or forward them to another email account.
- Similarly, make sure to take back up of your contacts.
- Inform your correspondences about removing your Yandex Mail account and provide them with an alternate email address.
- Remove credentials of your Yandex Mail account from social networking sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
Once you have considered the above-mentioned points, you can follow these steps to delete your Yandex.mail account.
- Open a browser on your PC, Phone, or Tablet, and sign in to your Yandex.mail account that you wish to remove.
- Once logged in, click/tap on your email address and avatar located near the top-right corner of your Yandex Mail account’s window.
- Next, select the Account settings option from the menu that appears on your screen.
- Then, scroll down to the bottom of the Account Settings page, and tap the Delete account option. This will direct you to the next page.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to review the list under “You have the following Yandex services active at this time”.
- After that, enter the answer to your security question in the Answer field located near the bottom of the screen.
- You will then need to enter the letters and numbers from the Captcha image in the field next to “Enter the characters”.
- Press the Delete account button. Doing so will display a “Confirm deletion” prompt.
- In the prompted window, confirm the account deletion action by clicking the Delete account button.
- Your Yandex Mail account will be deleted permanently.
To Restore Yandex.Mail Account
If you wish to restore your Yandex Mail account after deleting it, you can do so within 30 days of removing the account. To restore your account, you will need to verify your identity as the rightful owner of the account by confirming your phone number or email address.
- Go to Yandex Mail restore page (https://passport.yandex.com/passport?mode=restore) on your browser.
- On the restore page, enter your Username or email in the provided field.
- Next, enter the characters provided in the image.
- Then, tap the Next button.
- After that, follow the on-screen prompts to complete your Yandex Mail account restoration process.
So, these are the steps that you can follow to permanently delete your Yandex.mail account.