If your AOL Mail app isn’t working on your Android device, then there are simple security measures that you can take to fix the issue. AOL offers the best mail client service to 2.1 Million users worldwide. But every good stuff comes with some major drawbacks, so does the AOL app. By choosing the right steps you can easily fix AOL Mail on Android Not Working issue. This blog tries to offer you a quick-fix solution to restore all the issues in your mail client.
- 1 Fix AOL Email Not Working on Android Phone
- 1.1 Method 1 – Implement Force Stop and Restart The Device
- 1.2 Method 2 – Uninstall and Re-Install AOL App
- 1.3 Method 3 – Configure the Right Server Settings
- 1.4 Method 4 – Use Google Chrome Web Browser
- 1.5 Method 5 – Try Updating the Firmware of The Device
Fix AOL Email Not Working on Android Phone
Facing any issue during AOL app sign in or during adding an account on your AOL Mail then working with these steps:
Method 1 – Implement Force Stop and Restart The Device
Force stop helps you to start the AOL app fresh with sign in. To do so, follow the steps as guided below:
- To start with, go to Apps list on your Android device.
- Then Open Settings and navigate to “Apps” or “App Management” option from the Settings on your device.
- After this, select the “AOL” app from the available list of installed apps on your device.
- Now, tap on “Force Stop” and confirm it by selecting the “Yes” option when prompted.
Check your Android device and confirm if the issue is rectified. If now, then switch to the next step.
Method 2 – Uninstall and Re-Install AOL App
Another best option to fix AOL mail on Android not working issue is to uninstall the application and then re-install it again to get rid of the error. Check out the following steps to proceed with the steps.
- At the initial stage, go to your App Drawer and then Open Settings tab on your Android device.
- In the next step, open “Apps” or “Apps Management” option to get the list of installed apps on your Android device.
- Now, select “AOL” App and then click on “Uninstall” option to remove the app.
- Click “Uninstall” whenever appears on your device display to confirm the action.
- Finally, go to Google Play Store and download the AOL App again and sign in back by using the login details.
How to Uninstall the AOL App?
On your Android device, you can press and hold the AOL App for a few seconds on your home screen to get the “Uninstall” option on your screen. Once you reinstall the App, sign in with your AOL account credentials and access your emails without any issues.
Method 3 – Configure the Right Server Settings
In order to use AOL email on your Android device, you will require following some specific protocol and account settings that must be configured as under:
Protocol for POP3 Server Settings
- Incoming mail server (POP3) – pop.aol.com
- Port settings – POP3-995-SSL
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP) – SMTP.aol.com
- Port configuration – SMTP–465–SSL
Protocol for IMAP Server Settings
- Incoming mail server (IMAP) – imap.aol.com
- Port settings – IMAP-993-SSL
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP) – smtp.aol.com
- Port configuration – SMTP-465-SSL
Method 4 – Use Google Chrome Web Browser
To open AOL Mail on your Android device, make Sure to use Google Chrome as a web browser. If you use Chrome as a default web browser then it will assure you will not face these sorts of problems again in life.
Method 5 – Try Updating the Firmware of The Device
AOL app developers more frequently updating the app with major improvements and new features and serve it to enhance the user’s experience. In this situation, its highly possible that your installed firmware on your Android device is outdated. Hence, we recommend you to follow these steps:
- Explore the App Drawer and click on it.
- Now, open Settings menu on your Android device.
- After this, scroll all the way down to the bottom and Open “About” Section on your Android device.
- Finally, click on the option “Check for updates” to see if there are any new updates for your device.