BellSouth Email comes with several useful features and functionalities to make things convenient for users. One of the best things about this email service is its compatibility with email services like Gmail. If you ever wish to access emails from your BellSouth email in your Gmail account, the process is pretty simple and just takes a couple of minutes. To know how to forward BellSouth emails to a Gmail account, follow the instructions provided below.
Steps to Forward BellSouth Email to Gmail
- Open a web browser on your computer and sign in to your BellSouth email account.
- Once logged in, find and click on the Settings option. Under the Settings section, click or tap on the “Forwarding and Pop mail” option.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to enter the email address of your Gmail account. So, enter your Gmail account address in the provided field and press the Save button. The changes will be saved. Your email address will then need to be verified. For this, a verification email will be sent to your Gmail account.
- Now, sign in to your Gmail account and open the email to and follow the verification instructions. You will then need to press the Done button to complete the email forwarding process.
- After that, press the “Save” button to save the changes made by you. You should now be able to forward BellSouth email to your Gmail account.
So, following these steps should help you forward emails from your BellSouth email account to Gmail. However, if these steps don’t help you with email forwarding configuration successfully, you can follow the instructions provided below as an alternative method.
NOTE: Since BellSouth Email is now managed by AT&T email, you can follow the steps provided below to forward emails from your BellSouth email account to your Gmail account.
- In your BellSouth (AT&T) email account and select the Settings option (gear icon).
- Under the Settings section, click on the More settings option and select the account you wish to forward from the mailbox list provided under the Mailboxes section.
- Next, enter the email address you wish to forward to in the Forwarding section and press the Verify button. Keep this page open in your web browser.
- Then, open a new tab in the same or different web browser and log into your Gmail account if you are not already logged in.
- As you would have pressed the Verify button, a verification link will be sent to your Gmail account. Open the email containing the verification link in your Gmail account and open it to complete the verification process.
- Doing so will prompt you with a login request to sign in to your ATT webmail which will then prompt a page on your screen that reads verify. You will need to click on that.
- Now, on the settings section of the original account page, you will find that forwarding was verified.
- Finally, press the Save button located at the bottom to complete the email forwarding process.
NOTE: The email forwarded from your BellSouth email account to your Gmail account will leave a copy in the original inbox folder. As Spam messages are not forwarded, you may need to regularly sign into your BellSouth email account to ensure that authentic emails are not being moved to the Spam folder.
In most cases, following the above-mentioned steps should help you forward emails from your BellSouth email account to your Gmail account. However, if you are still not able to forward emails, it could be because AT&T has stopped forwarding emails to another email inbox for all its email services. In such a case, you can try forwarding emails by first setting up your BellSouth email account on an email program (Outlook) and then exporting them to your Gmail account.