Yahoo! Answers is one of the top Q&A service providers on the web that you can join to post questions and answer questions posted by others. At Yahoo! Answers, you can share your expertise and post an interesting and useful question to the large online community. Not only this amazing platform allows you to post questions and answers but also gives you the option to vote for your favorite answers. If you are also looking to participate in Yahoo! Answers, you can follow the information provided below.
Guide to Participate in Yahoo! Answers
- To begin with, you will first need to sign up for a Yahoo account. For this, go to the Yahoo sign up page on a supported browser on your computer and register for a Yahoo account by filling the required details.
- Once you have created a Yahoo account, you will need to sign in to your Yahoo account go to the Yahoo homepage.
- On the Yahoo homepage, you will need to click on the More option located next to the different Yahoo products/services. This will open a list of different Products and services offered by Yahoo on the next page.
- From the given list, you will need to click on the Answers option. Doing so will direct you to the next screen where you will see the option to join Yahoo Answers.
- So, on the next screen, you will need to click on the Join button located on the top-right corner of the page.
To Ask a Question
- If you don’t find the Join option and you wish to ask a question, you will need to click on the + Ask button located near the upper-right corner of the page. Doing so will direct you to the next page.
- On the next page, you will be provided with a form to post your question. In the prompted form, you will need to first decide whether you wish to post the question with your Yahoo identity or want to stay anonymous. By default, this option would be public. If you wish to stay anonymous, you will need to click on the down arrow icon next to the Public option and select Anonymous.
- Next, you will need to enter your question in the What’s your question? Field. If you wish to provide any detailed information or want to add a photo supporting your question, you can make use of the field provided below What’s your question? field.
- Once you are done entering your query with the necessary information, you will need to click on the Submit button.
- Clicking on the Submit button will post your query online. You can visit the page again to check for an answer or edit your question.
To Search Answers
- If you wish to search for an answer to a query, you can do by using the Search answers field provided at the top of the Yahoo Answers page.
- In the Search answers field, you will need to enter your question entirely or certain keywords related to your query. As you will enter your query, an auto-suggestion list will also appear below the field. If you find your query listed in the suggestion list you can click on that.
- As you will select the title from the auto-suggestions list, you will be directed to the next screen where you will find the answer provided by other participants.
- You can go through the answers provided by other members and can also answer the same question. To answer the question, you will need to click on the Answer button and enter your answer in the prompted field.
- Once you have answered the question, you will need to click on the Submit button. Your answer will be added to the answers provided by the rest of the members.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to participate in Yahoo Answers. Once you would be a member of this Q&A service, you will be able to add your opinion to trending queries or give answers to questions of your preferred areas. Yahoo Answers is not limited to posting questions and answers; with each answer that you provide and for each thumbs-ups support and favorite Answer Awards, you are rewarded with points. The more points you are the higher your ranking will be in the Leader board.