If you have purchased a subscription to the Cox service, you must have also received a free email account. You can use this Cox email account to send and receive emails just like your other email accounts. Moreover, you not only can access your Cox email account through a web portal but also using a third-party email program like Microsoft Outlook. However, to access your Cox email account through an email client, you will need to know the Cox Email Settings. To know the Cox email settings and how to use them to set up your email account on the Outlook program, you can go through the information provided below in this guide.
About Cox Email Settings
When you try to set up your email account on an email program manually, you will be asked to enter the email settings of that relevant email service. Similarly, if you are looking to configure your Cox email account, you will be prompted to configure your Cox email account with the below-mentioned server settings:
Cox Email Server Settings
- Your Name:Enter your desired name
- Email Address:Enter your [email protected]
- User Name:Enter your Cox email address (without @cox.net.)
Note: The user name and password will be the same as the one you use to access your email account at myemail.cox.net.
- Password: Your email account password
- Account Type: IMAP
Incoming Mail Settings
- Server name: imap.cox.net
- Port number: 993 with SSL enabled and the authentication checkbox selected, if available
Outgoing Mail Settings
- Server name: smtp.cox.net
NOTE: Make sure that you verify the Port number and use one of the below-mentioned options.
- 587 with TLS enabled
- 465(SSL enabled and the authentication checkbox selected)
- Use SSL / TLS: Yes (Username and password of your Cox account is required)
Guide to Configure Cox Email Account on Outlook
- To begin with, you will first need to launch your Outlook email program on your computer and click on the “File” tab. Doing so will display a drop-down menu on your computer screen.
NOTE:In case you see Microsoft Outlook Startup Wizard on your computer screen, you will need to press the Cancel button to exit from the Wizard window.
2.From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, you will need to select the option that reads “AddAccount” under the Account Information section.
3.On the next screen, you will need to select the “Manually Configure Server Settings or Additional Server Types” option and click on the Next button.
4. Then, you will need to select the radio button next to the Internet E-mail option and click on the Next button.
5.After that, you will need to enter the required information in the prompted fields under the User Information section. This generally includes entering information like your name, complete email address (with @cox.net extension).
6.Now, you will need to select the POP3 option from the drop-down menu that appears under the Server Information section. Next, you will need to enter imap.cox.net in the Incoming Mail Server field and smtp.cox.net in the Outgoing Mail Server field.
7.After that, you will need to enter your complete Cox email address and password in the field under the Login Information section.
NOTE: You will need to ensure that you have selected the checkbox next to the “Remember Password” option if you want to make Outlook remember your Cox email account password. Also, make sure that you have not selected the “Logon using SPA” option.
8. Then, you will need to go to the More Settings box and press the Advanced tab. Once you are in the Advanced tab, select the SSL option located under the Server Port section for the Outgoing Server (SMTP) option. Also, you will need to ensure that you have entered 465 for SSL encryption.
9. Similarly, you will need to go to the Incoming Server (POP3) section and select the checkbox next to the option which reads “The Server Requires an Encrypted Connection”. Also, make sure to select the SSL option and enter 995 as the port value.
10.Finally, you will need to click on the Next button to run the test for the settings configured. Once the testing process gets completed successfully, you will just need to press the Finish button to complete the configuration process. So, these are the Cox Email Server Settings that you will need to use to set up your Cox email account on the Outlook email program.