What Are the MSN Com Email Settings?
Although accessing an MSN email account is an easy affair when you are doing so using a webmail interface, if you wish to get access to your MSN email account, consider setting up your account one mail clients such as Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail, and/or Mozilla Thunderbird. If you wish to set up your email account, you would want to have the MSN email server settings. The MSN email settings that you will need to carry out the configuration are as follows.
|msn.com (Outlook.com) IMAP Server: imap-mail.outlook.com||Msn.com (Outlook.com) SMTP Server: smtp-mail.outlook.com|
|IMAP port: 993||SMTP port: 587|
|IMAP security: SSL / TLS||SMTP security: STARTTLS|
|IMAP Username: Your full email address||SMTP username: Your full email address|
|IMAP password: Your Msn.com password||SMTP password: Your Msn.com password|
|User name: Your email address|
|Password: Your password|
So, as you now have MSN email server settings information, you can configure your MSN email account on an email program like Outlook for Windows by following the instructions provided below.
To Configure MSN Email Account to Outlook for Windows
The instructions provided below are specifically Microsoft email account that completes [email protected], @live.com, @outlook.com, and @hotmail.com. In order to configure your MSN email account to Outlook for PC, consider using the automatic setup option of Outlook. Here are the steps you will need to follow:
NOTE: Your Username is your complete msn.com email address.
- To begin with, you will first need to launch the Outlook email program and click or tap on the File option. This will opena drop-down menu on your screen.
- You will need to click or tap on the Add Account option in the drop-down menu.
NOTE:In case you are trying to configure your MSN email accounton Outlook 2007, you will need to navigate to theTools>Account Settings. Under the Account Settings section, select the New option by going to the Email tab.
On the other hand, if you are configuring your MSN email account on Outlook 2016, you will need to enter your email address in the relevant field, and then press the Connect option.
For configuration on Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2010, you will need to click or tap on the Email Account and then enter your Name, Email Address, and Password in the prompted field. Then, press the Next button.
NOTE: In case Outlook does not verify your password, it is most likely that two-factor authentication is enabled for your email account. In such a case, follow the below-mentioned steps to know the process of generating an app password for your account.
- Enter your password again when prompted and press the OK button. After that, click or tap on the Finish button to begin using Outlook.
Steps to Set Up an Account in Case of Two-Factor Authentication
You can always consider usinga two-factor authentication feature with your account as an extra security measure. Enabling the two-factor authentication makes it mandatory for you to createan app password for your MSN email account or an authenticator application when trying to configure another program like Microsoft Outlook.
Learn to Know When You Have Two-Factor Authentication
If you are being repeatedly prompted for a password when trying to add your MSN email account to the Outlook program and you are entering the correct one, it implies that you are most likely usingtwo-factor authentication in your account. In such a case, you may want to follow the below-mentioned instructions.
- Firstly, you will need to open the URL –https://outlook.com in your computer web browser and click or tap on the initials located in the upper-right section. Next, you will need to select the View Account option.
- Once you are in the View Account section, go to the Security option and click or tap on the Update option.
- Then, under the More security options, you will need to select the Explore option. A notification in the Two-step authentication section will appear that will help you know whether or not the two-factor authentication feature is activated for your account.
Steps to Create an App Password for Outlook.com
- Go to the https://outlook.com page on your computer web browser and click or tap on the initials located in the top right section. Then, select the View Account option.
- Once you are in the View Account section, press the Update option under the Security section.
- Now, select the Explore option in the More security options, and scroll down to the app passwords section.
- Once you are in the App Passwords section, you will need to click or tap on the Create a new app password option. This will display your app password on the screen. Make sure to copy or make a note of the app password. You will need it when configuring your account to Outlook for PC.
- Now as you have the app password, follow the instructions aforementioned to set up your MSN email account on Outlook for your PC.
So, now as you have the information on the MSN email server settings, you can configure your email account on third-party email programs using the given msn.com email settings.