If you are using a Rackspace email account, you can easily access it using an email program like Outlook, iOS, or Thunderbird email program. However, to access your email account on such programs, make sure that you have Rackspace email settings. Below, you can find the Rackspace email settings along with the steps to configure your account on various.
How to Set up My Rackspace on Email Clients
Rackspace Email Settings
To set up your Rackspace email account on Mac iOS Mail, Microsoft Outlook, and Mozilla Thunderbird, you will need the following Rackspace email settings.
|SSL SERVER NAME
|SSL PORT NUMBER
General Steps to be followed
- To begin with, you will first need to go to the Settings option and enter your First and Last name in the provided field. This name will appear in the From field when you will send an email.
- Next, you will need to enter your email address in the provided field. Then, you will need to enter the following information in the relevant fields on your screen.
- Incoming email server type: Choose IMAP option
- Incoming mail server: secure.emailsrvr.com
- Port: 993
- Outgoing e-mail server (SMTP) name: secure.emailsrvr.com
- Port: 465
- Then, you will need to select the checkbox next to the Outgoing server which requires an authentication option.
- After that, save the settings, and you are done.
To Set up Rackspace Email Account on iOS
- On your iOS device, click on the Settings option and then on the Mail option.
- Next, you will need to tap on the Add Account option and select the Other option.
- Then, you will need to select the Add Mail Account option and enter the below-mentioned information in the relevant fields:
- Name: This name will appear in the “From” when sending an email.
- Address: Your complete email address
- Password: Password for your email account.
- Description:Enter the desired description
- After that, you will need to select the IMAP option and add both the Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server information:
- Hostname: secure.emailsrvr.com
- User Name:Your complete email address
- Password:Password for your email account.
- Finally, click on the Save option to save all the settings.
To Set Up Rackspace Email Account on Outlook
- In Outlook, click on the Settings option.
- Under Settings, go to Options>Connected Accounts section.
- Next, you will need to click other email account option under Add a connected account option.
- Then, you will need to enter your Rackspace email id and password in the prompted fields and click on the OK button.
- After that, you will need to select the IMAP connection and click on the OK option. Follow the on-screen prompted (if any) to complete the configuration process.
To Set Up Rackspace Email Account on Thunderbird
- On your Thunderbird email program, you will need to go to Settings>Options>Account Settings option.
- Next, you will need to select the Email account and click on the Next option. On the next screen, you will need to enter your name and email address in the relevant fields.
- Then, you will need to enter the following information on your screen:
- For the Incoming server section, you will need to choose the IMAP option and use secure.emailsrvr.com.
- Enter your Rackspace email address for the Incoming User Name and Outgoing User Name and click on the Next button.
- Enter a name for your email account and click on the Next option.
- In the Account Settings section, you will need to select the Outgoing Server listed below your new account and enter secure.emailsrvr.com for the Server Name and change the Port setting to 465.
- Finally, you will need to select the Username and password and enter your email address. Then, simply follow the on-screen prompts (if any) to complete the configuration process.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to configure your Rackspace email account on various email clients using the Rackspace email settings.