If you like to chit-chat, make new friends, express views on hot topics, or just want to have something interesting to pass your time, well Facebook is the place to be on.
Facebook is a leading social networking website that has more than 2 billion active users across the world. It not only facilitates the user to chat online and exchange information but also serves as a platform to augment the scope of your businesses and provide better customer service directly. With a Facebook account, you can create your own pages to build a community of like-minded people, or to promote yourself or your business. Some of the other benefits of Facebook are mentioned below:
- Helps in boosting SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Build your Brand Loyalty
- Easy reach to the targeted audience
- An ultimate tool for marketing your brand or business.
- Opportunities for gathering more leads.
- Wider exposure to potential customers
- Helps increase web traffic
With so many and many other advantages of Facebook, you would want to have an account on it. To know how to sign up for Facebook, follow the instructions provided below.
Steps to Sign up for Facebook Account
To sign up:
- Open the web browser and go to the Facebook webpage via link facebook.com. Alternatively, you can also reach the Facebook Sign Up page by searching the keyword ‘Facebook sign up’ in any search engine on your web browser.
- Once you are on the Facebook Signup page, you will see a “Create an account” label with a form. You will need to enter the required details under the ‘Create an account’ form.
- Here, you will need to enter details such as your First Name, Surname, Mobile Number/Email Address. Also, you will need to create a New Password and provide your Birthday and Gender
NOTE: When creating a new password, make sure to create a strong and unique password by using a combination of Lowercase and Uppercase Alphabets, Numbers, and Special Characters.
- After entering the required information in the relevant fields, click on the button ‘Create an account’. A code will be sent to the phone number entered by you.
- On the next screen, you will need to enter the code sent to your phone number and click on the Confirm Your Account
NOTE: This step is important in order to verify your identity as the rightful owner of the phone number.
- After the successful verification of your phone number, you will be directed to your newly created Facebook account.
- Before taking you to your Facebook account, you will be guided through a couple of instructions. In the first instructions, you will be given suggestions of friends (on the basis of your email address and phone number). You can either send Friend Request to anyone from the suggestions by clicking on the Add Friend button or you can skip it by simply clicking on the Next
- Next, you will be directed to the Welcome page. Here also you will be prompted to connect to your friends who are already using Facebook by entering the email address. After entering the email address, click on the Find Friends button to get the list of your friends already on Facebook.
- To know about the privacy settings for your Facebook account, click on the “Take a Privacy Tour” button.
- After that, you will need to add a Profile Picture to the account. For this, go to the Upload a profile picture section and click on the Add Picture button to select a picture from the storage or click on the Take a photo option to take a photo using a webcam.
Read to learn more: Can’t share images and videos on Facebook? How to fix
NOTE: Try uploading a photo of yourself only instead of using random images. This will help in making it easy for others to recognize you and get connected to you.
- After uploading the photo, you can start exploring the different features of Facebook to get more familiar with the platform.
So, this is how you can sign up for your Facebook account and get connected with friends and other people across the world.