How to Reset Gmail Password?
If you are unable to access your Gmail account even when you are entering the correct password (with correct casing), your account might have been hacked by someone, who would have changed the password for your account. In such a situation, you can recover your account by resetting the password for your account. This will not only help you regain access to your account but also eliminated the hacked from having access to your account anymore. To know, how to reset your Gmail password, follow the instructions provided below.
Steps to Reset Gmail Password
1.) On your web browser, open the Gmail sign-in page and enter your User ID. After entering your username, click on the Next button.
2.) Now, on the next screen where you will be prompted to enter your password, you will need to click on Forgot password? option as you are unable to access your account using your current password.
3.) Next, you will be prompted to enter the last password you remember for your Gmail account. Enter the password you remember and click on the Next button.
4.) Then, you will need to verify yourself as the rightful owner of the Gmail account you are trying to recover. Once you will start with this process, you will get the following options:
- You will get a security or verification code on your recovery phone number which you will need to enter on the following screen to complete the verification.
- You will receive security code on your recovery Email Address which you will need to enter on the following screen to complete the verification.
- You might be asked to enter the date when you created this Google Account? (Month and Year).
- You might be prompted to answer security question which you would have added to your account at the time of the sign-up
- You could be asked to provide an email address that you can access at present. This will help in case you use an email which is already added to your Gmail account. You will receive a verification code from Google to that email. Enter the code you receive on the subsequent screen. If Google verifies it positive, it will allow you to follow the further instructions to reset the password and recover your account.
5.) By answering any one of the account recovery options mentioned above, you will be allowed to reset the password for your said Gmail account.
6.) Once your account gets verified successfully, you will be taken to the Password Reset page. just enter your new password in the prompted fields and click on the Change Password option. The password for your account will be reset.
7.) After that, you will be taken to the next screen to review your account recovery information. Once you review your account recovery options thoroughly, click on the Done button and follow the on-screen prompts to access your Gmail account.
NOTE: If you are able to access your Gmail account using your password and wish to update your password, click here.