How to Setup Gmail in Outlook 2016?
“Can I access Gmail in Outlook? If yes, what is the procedure? Is it more technical?”
You might have a lot of questions. That’s fair enough considering the popularity of both of these email clients. In this article, we will talk about how to setup Gmail in Outlook 2016.
The process is easy and straightforward. You need not be a tech-savvy person to carry out the steps.
Why Would You Configure Gmail in Outlook 2016?
By 2018, Gmail flaunted 1.5 billion active users worldwide. This is a startling figure. Gmail continues to serve its billions of users with amazing services and provides ultimate security to their private data. On the other hand, Outlook is the most preferred platform when it comes to professional emails. Microsoft is known for implementing various measures to beef up security on its Outlook platform.
If you, at present, are using both Gmail and Outlook accounts separately, you will end up spending more time in switching and checking the emails on different platforms. It is wise to get all your important emails in one place to save time, for better email experience, more convenient, etc. Furthermore, this improves your ability to get more work done quickly and efficiently.
Think of integrating Google Calendar into Outlook. It will allow you to manage appointments and meetings quite professionally.
How to Setup Gmail in Outlook 2016 – Ultimate Guide
The below-mentioned workarounds will guide you to configure or add Gmail in Outlook 2016.
- Sign in to your Gmail account and click “Settings”.
- Navigate to “Forwarding and POP/IMAP”.
- You will then need to enable IMAP and click “Save”. (This will save the changes.)
- Now, open Outlook 2016 and go to “File”. (This is the top-left tab).
- Click on the “Info” option and then click “Add Account”.
- You will then add your Gmail account. Click the “Manual” setup or additional server types.
- Then choose “POP or IMAP” and then enter the following information along with your account details –
- For Account Type: IMAP
- For Incoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.com
- For Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.gmail.com
- Select the “My outgoing server requires authentication” option in the Outgoing Server menu. Use the same settings for the incoming mail server.
- Click “Advanced” and make sure the details mentioned are correct –
- For Incoming Server: 993 or 143
- For Incoming Server Encrypted Connection: SSL
- For Outgoing Server: 465 or 487
- For Outgoing Server Encrypted Connection: TLS or Auto
You are done with the steps. You should now access your Gmail messages in Outlook 2016.
If you want to setup Gmail in Outlook Mail, check out the steps here.
- Go to Settings in Outlook.
- Click on the “Mail” option and then select “Sync email”.
- You will now have to select Gmail (Under ‘Connected’ accounts).
- You need to enter a name for your Gmail account (on the Connect your Google account page). When a recipient receives an email from you, he or she will come to know that the message is from you (by seeing your name).
- Now, choose your Gmail account and enter your username and password.
- Click the “Allow” option.
You will now receive Gmail messages in Outlook Mail.
Tips to Add Gmail Calendar in Outlook
What about accessing the entire schedule in one place? This sounds great as you can manage your work proficiently. Here’s how you can add Gmail Calendar to Outlook –
- Access your Google Calendar and click on the “My Calendar” option.
- Select to import to Outlook.
- You will then go to “Settings” > “Integrate Calendar”.
- Right-click “Secret address in iCal format” and then you should copy.
- Open Outlook and navigate to the “Account Settings” option.
- Here, you will create a new Internet calendar and then paste the data (you had copied from Gmail Calendar).
- Get a name for this calendar.
Using the above tips and tricks you can access all your Gmail messages in Outlook and save your precious time.