Mozilla Thunderbird email program is very compatible with most of the email services, including Spectrum Email. If you are using a Spectrum email account and looking to set it up on your Mozilla Thunderbird email client, you will need to have the Spectrum Email settings. Below you can find the Spectrum Email settings along with the configuration process.
Server Settings of Spectrum Email
- Username: Enter your complete Spectrum email account address
- Password: Enter your Spectrum email account password
- SSL: On
- Protocol: IMAP
- Port: 993
- Port: 587
- Requires Authentication: Yes, or select the checkbox next to it.
- Incoming Email Server: mobile.charter.net
- Outgoing Email Server: mobile.charter.net
Now, once you have the Spectrum email server settings, you can follow the instructions provided below to set up your Spectrum email account on Mozilla Thunderbird.
Configuring Spectrum Email Account on Mozilla Thunderbird
- To begin with, you will first need to launch the Mozilla Thunderbird email program on your computer and select the Account Settings option from the Tools menu.
- In the Account Settings section, you will need to select an Email account, and then click on the Next button.
- On the next screen, you will need to enter your name and e-mail address in the provided field.
- Then, you will need to choose the POP or IMAP option under the type of Incoming server section that you are using.
- pop.secureserver.net for POP
- imap.secureserver.net for IMAP. Then, you will need to click on the Next button.
- Then, you will need to enter your e-mail address for the Incoming User Name, and Outgoing User Name, and then click on the Next button.
- After that, you will need to enter a name for your email account and then click on the Next button.
- On the next screen, you will need to verify your account information and then click on the Finish button.
- Now, in the Account Settings window, you will need to select the Outgoing Server listed below your new Spectrum account.
- After that, you will need to enter smtpout.secureserver.net for the Server Name and then change the Port setting to 80.
NOTE: The SMTP relay server is “smtpout.secureserver.net“. To use this server to send e-mails from your account, you will need to ensure that you first activate the SMTP relay on your Spectrum e-mail account. To configure SMTP relay, you will need to log on to your Manage Email Accounts page. In case you don’t have an SMTP relay configuration and your Internet Service Provider (ISP) allows it, you can consider using the outgoing mail server for your ISP. To get this set, you may need to reach your Internet Service Provider.
- After that, you will simply need to select the checkbox next to the Use name and password option and then enter your e-mail address in the provided field. Then, your Thunderbird email program will prompt you to provide your account password the first time you will try to send an email using it. Simply click on the OK button to complete the configuration process.
So, these are the Spectrum Email Settings and configuration process that you can consider when trying to set up your Spectrum Email account on the Mozilla Thunderbird email program.
1 thought on “Spectrum Email Settings for Configuration on Mozilla Thunderbird”
I can not send messages on my Windows 11 Laptop. I have the correct sever information. it only fails on Thunderbird. Incoming works. the same settings work on other mail programs.